29 Ways To Stay Creative Plus Some Other Stuff

That video is pretty good, I agree with much of it.

If you asked me to provide you with a list of my top five ways to enhance your creativity they would be:

1. Take risks.
  2. Don’t fear failure.
  3. Don’t fear looking foolish.
  4. Don’t over think.
  5. Follow Yoda’s advice, “do or do not.”

Young children do a great job with creativity because they don’t worry about what people think. They don’t get caught up in whether something is possible or get stuck worrying about consequences.

They just do.

Part of what I love most about blogging is the dynamic environment. You can just do and if it doesn’t work you can scrap it and start over with ease.

What do you think?

1. Pingback: 68 Reasons Why Chicago Is Awful & Cleveland Is Terrible

2. Pingback: 44 Quotes- A Social Media Experiment

3. Lori June 10, 2014 at 2:42 am

Joshua Wilner/A Writer Writes  Yes, it’s really cool. What I like about it is that you can “brew” just one cup of coffee. We’re even taking ours camping this summer. So simple to make coffee this way – just boil the water! 🙂

4. RyanKBiddulph June 10, 2014 at 1:52 am

It’s funny Josh, living Yoda’s advice most of the time helped me create a ridiculously cool dream life 😉 Gotta give some royalty checks to George Lucas LOL! Thanks!

5. Joshua Wilner/A Writer Writes June 9, 2014 at 11:40 pm

AdrienneSmith nah, you are not weird at all. You just do things your own way. I like that.

6. Joshua Wilner/A Writer Writes June 9, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Lori I have been thinking about getting a French Press. I hear such good things about it.

7. Joshua Wilner/A Writer Writes June 9, 2014 at 11:39 pm

KDillabough Getting over it is half the battle. 😉

8. AdrienneSmith June 9, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Hey Josh,
    I’m basing this off of being creative blogging and I have to say most of that doesn’t work for me. LOL!!!  It was a cute video though I’ll give ya that.  I can see where a lot of those ideas are great for a lot of people.  I’m just weird but don’t tell anyone okay!
    ~Adrienne

9. Lori June 9, 2014 at 9:14 am

That’s great Josh! I’ve got #8 down – loving my new French Press to make coffee! 🙂 and surrounding myself with creative people. This bears several watchings! Thanks for sharing it!
    Lori

10. Joshua Wilner/A Writer Writes June 9, 2014 at 8:14 am

Julie Barrett That is very true. Sometimes the dictionary takes me right back to being 10.

11. Julie Barrett June 8, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Reading a page from a dictionary will make all of your past associations come forward, usually the ones you formed when you first learned the word as a kid.

12. KDillabough June 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Love this, and although #14 seemed like an option I might do the opposite of recently, I got over it:) Cheers! Kaarina